Initiative, which is addressing all employees and motivated individuals who aim to discover and internalize their responsibility to their fellow citizens, to nature, and to the environment where they live and work; people who realize that changes must occur within them first before they can begin taking action to change the world around; companies and organizations that share the same philosophy of balanced social, environmental, and economic sustainability.
It is almost a year since Knauf Insulation has launched sustainability strategy named “For A Better World” characterized by its focus on people and its holistic approach to the United Nations (UN) sustainability goals.
We strongly believe that to achieve environmental sustainability goals a political will and money could be enough, but to achieve the social sustainability ones, one needs to win hearts and minds of people.
Only individual that makes a conscious decision to start living a more sustainable life and inspire others to do the same, can be a driver of society’s transformation to become more sustainable. Individuals can make such a decision only when they feel well and live a full life and we as companies, organizations and governments have a duty to create such an environment where people could thrive, flourish and feel accepted.
To motivate even more people and organisations around the globe to follow this philosophy and start living this way, we in Systems Division did an additional step. We have joined forces with likeminded companies and initiated the initiative “Living with a Green Heart”.
Initiative is addressing:
- all employees and motivated individuals who aim to discover and internalize their responsibility to their fellow citizens, to nature, and to the environment where they live and work;
- people who realize that changes must occur within them first before they can begin taking action to change the world around;
- companies and organizations that share the same philosophy of balanced social, environmental, and economic sustainability.
It puts people in the centre of sustainable development through care for their mental, health and physical wellbeing activities and through development of ecosystems where appreciation of diversity, equal opportunities and inclusion are way of living.
The initiative stresses the importance of a balanced and proactive contribution towards achievement of all 17 sustainable development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It encourages companies, organisations and individuals to:
- Create sustainable products and solutions which can transform grey cities into green oasis, build safe and comfortable homes and lead to a better world for all of us.
- Lead social sustainability actions (especially those focused on people’s well-being), cocreating a more informed and kinder future for ourselves and those that come after us.
- Build a friendlier and more responsible environment for employees at all levels and in all aspects, appreciating the diversity and improving our relationships, as well as the way we work, collaborate, and coexist within our environments.
All companies, organizations, associations and institutions that find this philosophy familiar and share the same ideas and thoughts are warmly invited to join the initiative “Living with a Green Heart”.
By doing so they will help us spread the positive message of initiative around the world and by your examples inspire others to step on the path of social sustainability with focus on wellbeing of people as well.
They will also become a member of our collaborative and dynamic educational space where you will be able to co-share social sustainability best practices and get additional support for further development of your own social sustainability programmes.
If your company or organization shares our belief - that social sustainability and active engagement of employees & understanding the individual’s wellbeing needs (mental, health and physical) - is the way to a more sustainable future (so sustainability, which actually goes beyond developing sustainable products, solutions and sustainable production), we warmly invite you to join the initiative.
Joining the initiative and becoming a supporting member is easy and free-of charge, companies, organizations, associations and institutions just need to fill the application form here: https://green-heart.si/en/call-to-action-english/
Only together we can create a new green oasis where people feel well and live a full life.