Fire doors can be used as a part of a passive fire protection system to reduce the spread of fire or smoke between compartments and to enable a safe exit from a building, structure or vessel.
Knauf Insulation is a leading European supplier of rock mineral wool core for steel fire doors. We build our partnership through high quality products, excellent service and permanent support of our customers' development projects.
Due to the required fire protection and thermal insulation, rock mineral wool is the preferred solution to be used as an insulation core in steel fire doors, as it offers:
- Excellent fire performance (Euroclass A1),
- Excellent fire resistance (European Class EI30 – EI120).
- High melting point (above 1000°C),
- Good mechanical properties
- Thermal and sound insulation properties
Our insulation cores are therefore a perfect solution for:
- Standard fire doors
- Industrial fire doors
- Hatches, cabinet & closet doors, locks and frames
If we don’t have a suitable ready product, our team will do its best to create a new one – just for you!